Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

LB's....Who's next? Who I like!

   There has been talk about Michigan's LB recruiting.  Some are saying take one more, some say take two.  With Mike McCray already committed, who should be the next one or two they should pursue the most?  " Well ", as Brady Hoke would say, I don't think they are leaning towards one specifically, yet I could be wrong.  Michigan offers a group of kids and whoever wants to be a Wolverine first will get the spot.  Let's look at the three most obvious suspects and break down their game.  I think we will all see what the coaching staff does,  that all three are legit recruits and would fit just fine.


   
  Dorian O'Daniel - 6'1" 205 lbs OLB

http://youtu.be/Cvl1ZUTGdxE


   RB's have a hard time getting the corner against O'Daniel's speed and tackling ability.  He looks to find those holes in the offense and slips through to make plays in the backfield.  His closing speed is fantastic and he plays the screen well also, so matching up with slots and RB's doesn't seem to be a problem.   He's clearly not big enough to deal with the middle and his pursuit at times seems slow and timid.  He is clearly not at full speed on some of these plays. He is productive when blitzing off the edge but he's not dealing with any blockers. I also think he lacks that " killer instinct " as well.  Is he an elite LB?  I don't think so, but he will gain some size over the next year and with top notch coaching, like Michigan, he could become a gem.




  EJ Levenberry - 6'3" 217 lbs  OLB

http://youtu.be/ySw-USiZBjM


 This is the first time I have watched Levenberry on film and I'm not very impressed.  Levenberry is benefiting from being the biggest kid on the field.  His LB skills are questionable.  I honestly think he is more of a DE and after a year of growth, he could be 6'4" - 6'5" and 230 - 240 lbs.  He looks very slow, stiff and very upright in this film.  He hits hard and does make a couple plays down field but the balls were thrown directly at him.  I can't believe all the hype around this kid. Myself ?  I don't see it.  I'm just an evaluator of talent,  he does have size and strength but is quite a project.


 
  Ben Gedeon - 6'3" 220 lbs

http://youtu.be/J80jGHC5TBY

Look, I don't know if Gedeon is a better athlete than O'Daniel but he's the biggest of the three and can sniff the ball out better than the others.  O'Daniel is a true OLB and Gedeon looks to be more of a MLB.  What I like about Gedeon is his passion for the game, you can see it in just a few plays.  He doesn't just fill gaps but explodes through them before the RB gets to the hole.  Gedeon is a Michigan type of  player and reminds me of Bolden but let me make this clear,  Joe Bolden he is not.

In order
1.Gedeon
2.O' daniel
3.Levenberry

No comments:

Post a Comment