Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

PHIL STEELE'S ALL BIG-TEN TEAMS, WHAT I WOULD CHANGE.

I'm having a problem sharing the link to Phil Steele's all Big-Ten selections, go check them out for yourself. After looking through them, I see a couple mishaps as he selects four teams. At a point, you just start to name popular players after the second team. I can't argue too much but here are the one's that stick out.


Not too many arguments on the first team but Roundtree WR and Stoneburner TE. Stoneburner only caught 14 balls last year and Jacob Pederson caught 30 and also had more TD's 8-7. Stoneburner also plays on a team that gave up more sacks than any other team in the conference last year and are trying to replace the top three OL. They were the 3rd worst passing team in the country, I don't see them turning the air attack around that much already. Roundtree caught 72 balls two yrs ago but took a huge step back last season with 19 receptions, his production should pickup some but not a ton. I would take Iowa's Keenan Davis (30 receptions last year) over Tree which brings me to MR. Steele's total neglect of Davis on all four teams.

Steele also neglects Iowa's QB James Vandenberg on all four teams as well. I personally think this is a total joke considering that Vandenberg threw for over 3,000 yds, 25td's and only 7int's. I'll take Vandenberg on my second team and ohio's Braxton Miller a fourth teamer behind Nebraska's Taylor Martinez. With WR Marvin McNutt leaving Iowa and Manley - Martin moving to the number one spot, Davis then move's to NO.2, that's the reason I'll take Keenan Davis as my other NO.1 WR over Roundtree.

On the second team is two ohio OL, Andrew Norwell and Jack Mewhort. Ohio had the worst OL in the conference last season as far as pass protection. I won't argue Norwell but Mewhort was a guard last season and is now transitioning to a LT, he makes second team? No way. There is an old saying that goes like this "you can make a tackle a guard but you can't make a guard a tackle". I also like Iowa's C James Ferentz over Illinois Pocic. Michigan's LB's Jake Ryan and Desmond Morgan, according to Phil Steele, are not in the top 16 LB's in the conference? Blake countess should be opposite Brad Roby on the fourth team.

No comments:

Post a Comment