Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

IN DEPTH WITH TOM STROBEL







This is Tom Strobel. No. 36 SDE for Mentor and a 2012 Michigan commitment. I talked with Tom and done a Q and A with him, this is what he had to say.

ME: As the 2012 class is coming together with only a few more spots left. On paper, this is arguably the best class that Michigan has ever had coming in at once. What does it feel like to be a part of it?

TS: It's special. Michigan is already progressing as a team and I feel blessed to be a part of it in the future. I'm excited to get there and help them get back to the level Michigan has always been used to being at.

ME: Who was the first team to show serious interest in recruiting you?

TS: Cincinnati, they offered me after my freshman season.

ME: How hard did ohio recruit you?

TS: Hard, they hammered down on me after my SO. year.

ME: How close was you to commiting to ohio?

TS: Not at all. I knew I didn't want to go there.

ME: Different recruiting sites have you listed at 6'5", 6'6" and anywhere from 245 to 265 LBS. What is your actual height and weight?

TS: I'm 6'6" 255 LBS.

ME: When you went to Michigan to visit, did you talk to coach Mattison?

TS: Oh yea, he just stop by my school last week. We keep in touch quite a bit.

ME: Did he recruit you for SDE or does he have other plans for you?

TS: SDE, that's where he wants me.

ME: How important were academics when choosing you school?

TS: Incredibly important, they have everything I want academically. My parents are very hard on me with my academics. So yes , it was very important.

ME: Are you planning on enrolling in the spring at Michigan?

TS: NO, I am going to finish up my senior year in high school.

ME: Was there anything coach Hoke said or did that made you feel like Michigan was the place for you?

TS: Not just him, but the whole staff was great. They didn't talk a whole lot about football, they talked about life and what kind of a man Michigan would make me. They were really family oriented, I met coach Hoke's wife, it was all about family.

ME: WAs you influental in recruiting Kyle Kalis?

TS: definately, he was trying to recruit me to ohio at the beginning. All the controversy was going on there and I relayed to him what they had to offer and how great the staff was. He had decommited and was looking around, I pointed him in the right direction.

ME: What do you expect the team to accomplish by the end of your senior season at Michigan?

TS: National Championship, hands down.

Tom is a quality kid that knows what he wants. He seems very confident in himself and his commitment to Michigan. Michigan fans should be excited about Tom becoming a wolverine and a future leader for this team.

No comments:

Post a Comment