Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Relax osu fans, relax.

I recieved a comment from a someone on my blog trying to convince me that osu had too much talent to win my prediction of seven games, and Michigan winning nine was unreachable because of last years defense.... I said last years defense. Look folks, I take my Michigan glasses off when evaluating players, simple as that. If osu was going into this season with no scandal, Tressel as coach and no players suspended then they would be a 10-2 team, maybe better. Reality is that there have been numerous coaching changes, not just fickell. How will these players react?

You talk about talent and osu has plenty. They have had nice recruiting classes the last few years. This years class not only has Miller coming in but, C. Grant, Mike Bennett is a solid player as well. That is just a few of many talented players coming out of high school. Here is something you should take into consideration. If you go back to the year 2000, I can prove to you that 75 to 100 kids labeled highly touted through those years never made it. Regardless of injury, undisciplined, or just wasn't that good. Los Angelas has more talent in 5 city blocks than the entire state of Ohio and they all go to USC, they were 8-5 last year. You could say the same for Florida, much better talent than Ohio, 8-5 last year.

I'm looking over the big-ten units and osu doesn't have the best at any position. Don't talk about last years team, they are gone and drastic changes have been made. Take a look for yourself.

QB's

I will choose nine QB's from the big-ten before I take osu's starter this year.

Persa, denard, cousins, vandenberg, Russell wilson, Scheelhaase, T. Martinez, Rob Henry, Mcgloin, and he may ride the pine.

Rod Smith is talented but has 0 carries in a college football game, he is predicted as a starter. Until posey returns to action the assumed starters are C. Brown- 8 receptions last year, Chris Fields- 0 catches last year
who else? maybe TY williams- 0 catches last year or newcomer devin smith? 0 catches last year. Stoneburner- 21 catches. Now remember that I am taking this into consideration when looking at the schedule, lack of recievers with a young QB and a questionable running game. Other than Brewster on the line and the return of adams. All these guys played limited roles and have been placed in different positions on the line to see where they fit.

Defensively

D-line is solid and deep. Again though, Hankerson and Goebel? Limited roles. Hey, let me finish, you are the ones who said more talent than anyone and no way of losing five games. I am just breaking down so you understand. Here is what I believe the starting LB's will be, sweat- 41 tackles in 10 games last year. Sabino- again talented at the high school level but 0 tackles last year, no experience. Storm klein- 18 tackles last year and I could be wrong but I think he's a dud. Moeller is solid but not a true LB, FR. C. Grant could play early or even Westland high schools own Tony jackson. So how deep are they there?

This secondary is not very experienced. O. Johnson had 11 starts, Barnett had 2, Howard and Clarke played roles but not veteran like. They have good young players there wih D. grant, cash. So overall here was my prediction.

they lose to Miami, MSU, Nebraska, Illinois look at both teams schedules for you to understand that, and Michigan. I think they will beat Wisconsin. I'm just being honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment