Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

WHAT ELSE WILL BE INTERESTING THIS SEASON?



With this being game week and all, the Wolverines are shaping up pretty well. I am always interested in what is going on with Michigan football but there are plenty of other things that interest me this season, in and out of the Big-Ten. I made predictions for the conference already but it seems my mind changes daily. I will never change my predictions but I am wondering how good Nebraska will really be. Martinez is a poor man's Denard but he is not a passer. Does Burkhead really seem like a top back? What I am trying to say is they may struggle offensively.

My other question is about MSU's offensive line? Sources say they are a disaster up front with numerous position changes to build a solid OL. Herbstreit loves Iowa and osu. Two years ago he picked Miami and ND in the NC game. I have osu at 7-5 because of obvious QB questions and inexperience at several positions. Talented? Yes. Experience? No. There are plenty of good QB's in this class lead by Andrew Luck, who in my opinion and many others, is probably the most sound QB I have ever seen at the college level. I would put Matt Barkely behind him followed by Landry Jones. Brandon Weeden is an under the radar guy who is 6'4" 220lbs and completed nearly 67% of his passes. Kellen Moore is a good college QB but will never make it in the NFL.

What about RB's? LaMichael James gets all the love but Trent Richardson is as impressive a back in the country. Justin Blackmon is the best WR in the country. And Alabama is ridiculously good. I also think Florida is as talented as they come but that schedule is vicious. Back to the Big-Ten. This conference isn't, by any means, scary. Which will make it the most interesting year in a while. With the fact that osu will have to follow rules, they will not be the team from the past. This conference is up for grabs. How many teams have a legit shot at the conference title? I would say this many.
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Iowa
MSU
Michigan
osu
outside shots
PSU
Illinois
Northwestern
Nobody blows my mind here folks so this year will be fun and every week will be a big game.

No comments:

Post a Comment